Pet owners feel grateful for their four-legged companions every day. But in honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, we at Zootoo put together some reasons why we give thanks for the pets in our lives:
1. Pets inspire us. Even in the face of past adversities or physical limitations, animals stay strong and keep their hearts open to love.
2. Pets make us laugh! Whether they’re chasing a laser light toy or barking back at the television set, our pets surprise us and make us smile every day.
3. Pets comfort us. When we’re feeling under the weather or blue, pets lift our spirits with a warm nuzzle.
4. Pets help us live longer. Research conducted around the world shows the health benefits of life with pets — from lowering the risk of heart disease to helping humans heal faster after surgery.
5. Pets keep us active. Whether by taking a long walk with our pets or trying out “dog-a,” we also benefit from giving our four-legged friends exercise.
6. Pets protect us. Even if they’re just barking at the wind or raising their fur at shadows, pets instinctively try to keep us safe from harm.
7. Pets teach us compassion. By caring for our furry friends, we learn about the value of patience and unconditional love.